We are frequently asked about how our Innovation Furnace® and Controlled Burn™ packages work together so we thought we would take a moment to explain the two. Our purpose with Innovation Furnace® is to drive capability and growth for our Clients through team-enabled, product innovation. We bring together a Triple-Team of Experts® in a powerful process where we create complete strategies and digital product concepts that are ready for immediate development and testing. Typically, participants’ enterprise needs are urgent, and we surge to deliver up to 1-year ’s work in 60-days or less. Our Principals are leaders in real world development for major organizations in the United States and Canada with hundreds of successful product initiatives developed over the past two decades. The Innovation Furnace® creates ideas (HotConcepts™) that are highly imaginative and highly connected to current structures and ideas. This is called Creative Realism. HotConcepts™ are guaranteed to be compelling, practical and rewarding to you. Ritech has a complete capability to help incrementally make these HotConcepts™ into compelling digital products and services. Pathway to Implementation: Controlled Burn™. We have designed our hands-on development approach to allow further exploration and implementation in a controlled manner when the “unknowns” are huge and you need to make steady, consistent and measurable progress on your HotConcepts™. Using the tools of Lean User Experience (UX) Design and Lean Engineering, you get results early, for a modest cost, that you can test and further evolve with your customers. The core tenets of Controlled Burn™ are:
- Incremental discovery of HotConcepts™ requirements.
- Cost containment to a fixed monthly budget while leveraging highly-skilled offshore resources
- Bite-size development chunks where we can make changes agilely, in real time, making every hour and dollar spent work hard for you.
We had a chance to talk with some of our established customers and we asked them what they liked about our approach to building software. We were not looking specifically for compliments, although those are always nice, we were looking for how they perceived our operating model, and how effective they thought we had implemented it. Lots of positive comments which reduce down to the following three main themes:
- We spend a lot of time on listening and understanding product requirements, even as they evolve. This is not a simple task. We use Agile methods and we have to coach and cajole our client-side Product Owners. Not making assumptions and not just coding what a spec says leads to better software that end users want and like to use.
- Spending resources on design. Our simple approach is to invest more and earlier in design. Want to make a product better? Increase the ratio of designers to developers.
- Delivering on time and on budget. Our Controlled Burn™ package fixes budget and time, and adjusts features to fit planned investment and release schedule. This is incredibly powerful for both start ups and established companies.
At Ritech Solutions we pay particular attention to two key dimensions of success: talent acquisition and economics. Naturally, talent takes precedent. Without a critical mass of talent, economics is an empty vector. We seek to recruit and retain the top 20% of designers and developers, wherever they may be. Our primary talent pool is located in the Balkans (Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo), where passion, commitment and abilities are valued and where we can be a destination employer for the long term. In these locations, we can be a great place to work through progressive management practices, shared rewards, and an obsessive desire to being an enriching experience for our teammates. We overlay our approach by adding seasoned, industry veterans (who still have passion and the desire to pursue excellence), in our focus hubs: Vancouver, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Miami. Collaboration tools and Cloud development environments have reduced the "tyranny of distance" which not only allows great talent the opportunity to work on great projects, but allows us to deliver amazing solutions at low cost. We also seek to be innovative and progressive how we engage in our customers' projects. And, we can provide fully formed teams for staff augmentation where we mirror and match our customers' processes. We especially excel in packaged services where we can craft development solutions that cogently aligns our incentives and our customers' business objectives.